Flabby arms look as bad as any other part of the body with excess fat. They make you look bad. They make sleeveless clothes seem like a distant dream. Flabby arms can ruin your entire look even if you have a perfect body. Flabby arms are also known as bat wings.
Regular exercise can definitely help you get rid of those flabby arms – the ones you despise so much. Let’s take a look at some exercises that can help you tone them down.
Push-ups are chest exercises but they can help work triceps as well, thereby reducing the fat around your arms.
- Lie flat on the floor and keep your weight on your chest with your elbows pointed towards your toes
- Make a straight line from head to toe – a plank.
- Now, lower your torso to the ground holding yourself up with your hands and come back up to the initial position.
- Keep your body as straight as possible. Come a few inches up the ground each time you go down for a rep.
This exercise definitely helps tone the arms and it also makes the arms strong.
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in your hand and keep your feet width apart from each other.
- Hold the dumbbell with both hands and hold them behind your head with your palms facing upward.
- Keep your upper arms close to your head and your elbow perpendicular to the floor.
- Breathe in as you do this and go back to the initial position by using the triceps to raise the dumbbell.
One-Arm Side Push-Up
One-arm side push-up is an exercise specifically for the triceps.
- Lay on your left side on an exercise mat with your right arm bent, keeping the palm flat on your shoulder.
- Wrap your left arm around your rib cage with your knees slightly bent.
- Push yourself up from the ground with the help of your right arm.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 15-20 reps.
This is easy and can be done pretty much anywhere. But ensure that you are being careful. This strengthens the triceps and helps tone the arms.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench or a chair.
- Extend your legs in front of you.
- Straighten your arms while bending your knees, keeping the tension on your triceps.
- Now, bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor.
- Once close to the ground, straighten your elbows by pushing them into the bench or chair.
- Come back to the starting position and repeat.
- Do 15-20 reps and 3 sets.
Pulling the hands to the opposite sides creates a stretch in the triceps, which helps in toning them.
- Raise your hands above your head and hold your right wrist with your left hand – interlock them.
- Now, pull your right hand towards your left, making your right elbow fall behind your head.
- Now, release and take your arms back to the center.
- Repeat on the other side and do at least 20 reps on each side.
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.