Fat burners have been gaining popularity at a rapid pace, as more and more people choosing this option to shed off their excessive fat. Referred to as ‘thermogenics’, the nutritional supplementsare easily available in pharmacies and health stores. However, owing to several risks attached to it, fat burners are not advised by dieticians as fat-cutters.
Image source: Flickr
Fat burners have been gaining popularity at a rapid pace, as more and more people choosing this option to shed off their excessive fat. Referred to as ‘thermogenics’, the nutritional supplements are easily available in pharmacies and health stores. However, owing to several risks attached to it, fat burners are not advised by dieticians as fat-cutters.
Generally, a fat burner is prepared by combining caffeine, l-carnitine and green tea extract. These are usually effective, but may be accompanied by some complications. Immediate benefits of fat burners include body detoxication, revitalisation, increase in stamina and effortless weight reduction. Unfortunately, these changes do not hold for long term.
What are fat burners?
The term ‘fat burner’ has been a popular topic of discussions pertaining to weight loss and fitness. There is no food that helps to lose weight, fat burners being no different. These supplements help in increasing metabolic rate, resulting in burning of more calories. For weight reduction, burnt calories should come from fat, carbohydrates and protein. Some of the modern fat burners also trigger fat oxidation process for weight reduction.
Complications of fat burners
- Putting heart at risk: Scientifically prepared heart burners exposes human body to ailments associated with heart. Owing to the stimulation, there is an increase in heart rate, overdose of which could prove fatal.
- Allergies: Fat burners are prepared by scientific methods and contain several ingredients that could cause allergic reactions.
- Addiction: Dosage for a prolonged duration sometimes results in addiction. Continuing with the pharmaceutical drug is more likely to cause problems.
- Behavioural change: Fat burners might cause problems to the nervous system, which could lead to irritability and edginess. Effect on nervous system usually includes hunger suppression often leading to conditions such as deliriums, hyperactivity, increased blood pressure, hot flashes and insomnia. In addition to this, blood clot has been reported in cases using fat burners for reducing weight.
- Stomach problems: There is a probability that metabolism will be affected by the consumption of unconventional health supplements. Regular consumption of weight reduction supplements can bring in stomach problems such as constipation and diarrhoea. These supplements decrease vitamin content in the body, increasing dangers of other health hazards.
- Affecting normal body movements: Potent bodily discomfort is one of the side effects of consuming fat burners. In such a situation, one loses control on bowel movements. Besides, there is considerable increase in flatulence and stool becomes oily.
- Other ailments: Headaches, stomach ache, mouth/throat dryness are some of the common side effects of using fat burners.
Top Image courtesy: Health.mil