At new year parties we indulge ourselves in food and drinks which ultimately lead to increase in weight. It’s very necessary that we regain our figure and reduce the extra flab. Here are some asanas and mudras which will help you lose those extra kilos so you may have a blast without any tension.
Asanas and mudras for weight loss
Keep the ring finger on the lower portion of the nostril and press it gently with the thumb.
Surya bheda pranayama
- Put cotton ‘plug’ in your left nostril so that you will breathe through the right nostril or block the left nostril by gently pressing with the ring and little finger of the right hand.
- Sit comfortably.
- Breathe in and out through the right nostril only.
- Repeat ten times.
Special asanas to reduce weight
Stand straight. Join the feet. Tighten the knees and elbows. Draw the shoulder back. Stretch the arms overhead and raise the heels.
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Keep the palms on the ground and both the hands near the sides of the chest. The elbows should be lifted up. The legs should be straight and the paws should join together.
- Inhale and lift the chest and head upwards. The lower part of the navel should touch the ground.
- While lifting the head, bend the neck as much as you can.
- Remain in this position for about 30 seconds.
- Keeping a distance of one foot between the legs stand straight. Both the hands should be spread towards the shoulders.
- Inhale and bring the left hand from the front and rest it on the left paw on the ground, otherwise keep the hand near the ankle and lift the right hands upwards and bend the neck to the right side and look at the right hand.
- Then while exhaling comeback to the original position and repeat the exercise from the other side.
- Keep a distance of one foot between the legs and stand straight.
- Spread both the hands along the shoulders, the palms should be straight facing the ground.
- Turn the right hand from the front and keep it on the left shoulder.
- Fold the left hand from the backside and keep it on the waist.
- The palm of the hand which is on the waist will be towards upside.
- Now turn the neck left. Repeat on the other side.
- In this way do 5 repetitions on each side.
- Lie down straight on your back and keep the hands below the hips, hold the breath, raise one leg fold up to the knee, bring the ankle near the hip and rotate in a cyclic motion.
- Repeat this from 10 to 30 times as per the capacity. Similarly repeat the exercise with the second leg.
- Rotate the legs without touching the ground. Make a circular shape with the legs.
- Repeat this 10 to 30 times as per the capacity.
- When tired lie down in shavasan and rest for some time and repeat the exercise in the opposite direction and rest when tired.
- Sit on the floor. Fold the left leg.
- Then fold the right leg over the left.
- Take the left arm over the head and bend it at the elbow.
- Place the left hand between the shoulder blades. Then take the right hand behind the back.
- Hook the fingers of the left hand with fingers of the right hand.
Drink hot water and honey
- Whenever you are hungry, drink a cup of hot water which has 1 teaspoon honey and 10 drops of lime juice this will be a good substitute for eating and will help to melt the fat.
- It will also be helpful for you to take triphala every night. At least 1 hour after dinner, pour 1 cup of boiling water over ½ to 1 teaspoon triphala, let it soak for 10 minutes and drink.
Snacks you can afford to eat
- In between meals, if you like to munch, eat raisins, which are a mild laxative. Don’t eat corn chips, which are salty and fatty and difficult to stop eating. Don’t eat popcorn either. You might also try celery sticks or carrot sticks.
Use hot spices
- Use spices in cooking. The kapha-pacifying diet uses many spices, such as cumin, coriander, fennel, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and garam masala: these spices are good for kindling the gastric fire.
Don’t’ nap in the daytime
- Obese people frequently like to take siestas, but this is not a helpful practice. Don’t sleep during the day.