Weight loss shakes have become increasingly popular off late. Diet shakes or meal replacement shakes are non-prescription do-it-yourself quick weight loss products in a form of liquid shake prepared from powder mixed with water, milk and fruit juice. These help best when you lack time, motivation to shop for and prepare balanced meals for weight loss or don’t want to think too hard about what to eat for weight loss.
These aid in weight loss owing to fewer calories, little to no fat and are also enriched with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. The diet shakes for weight loss are made from low-fat dairy products or juice instead of fatty dairy products. The primary ingredient of meal replacement shakes is sugar, although it’s important that they have healthy ingredients.
Mixed fruit diet shake
- To prepare mixed fruit diet shake, you need half cup of non-fat yoghurt, two crushed ice cubes, one frozen banana, half cup of sliced strawberries, a few raspberries and a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Combine all the above ingredients and blend it until the shake becomes smooth.
- The shake is loaded with energy, but only provides 300 calories.
Vegetable diet shake
- To prepare vegetable diet shake, you need high-fibre vegetables such as carrot and cucumber. Besides, you need low-fat and low-calorie ingredients such as non-fat yoghurt, a few ice cubes and high-fibre fruits.
- Blend the ingredients until liquid becomes smooth.
- To make it sweeter without adding extra calories, you can add an apple or pear to your juice. This not only adds flavour, but boosts the vitamins and mineral content as well.
Wheat germ and flaxseed oil shake
- Blend half a cup of plain yoghurt, non-fat milk, nut butter, whey or soy protein powder, wheat germ, flaxseed oil and fresh or frozen fruits.
- Make sure that the ingredients make shake protein-rich.
Banana and peanut butter shake
- Take 1 cup of non-fat or low-fat milk in a blender.
- Add to it one chopped banana to provide energy to the body and brain and restore muscle glycogen levels. Moreover, bananas add sweetness to the drink without added sugar.
- Add a few berries to it along with peanut butter.
- Blend until the ingredients become smooth.
The bottom line
Juicing for weight loss may sound easy and comfortable. It actually is, as it can magically melt away the pounds on its own. Downing diet shakes is a part of weight loss regimen, which can help people cut down calories and lose weight, but these aren’t the sole factor for a healthy weight loss.
Besides incorporating diet shakes, it is important to eat a low-calorie diet that includes daily servings of whole grains, non-fat dairy products, lean proteins and fruit/vegetables. Moreover, exercising regularly is another important aspect to accelerate weight loss efforts and better overall health. Before making diet shakes a part of your weight loss program, it is better to consult your health care provider.