Fight every working person’s biggest enemy and win the battle against back pain with the help of yoga.
1. Parvatasana with handstand: Go into a mountain pose by going down on your hands and feet and lift your back. Your partner should then carefully go into a hand stand using your body for support. Hold the position for 20 seconds. Now switch roles.
2. Ardha Chakrasana: Stand with your partner, both facing each other. Hold each other’s fore arms and slowly bend backwards till your backs are parallel to the floor. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds and return to the starting position.
3. Ardhalasana: Stand with your backs together and interlock your elbows. Slowly pull your partner up as you bend forward. Once your partner is completely above the ground, she can hold her ankles while you balance her with your hands. Hold this posture for 20-30 seconds.
4. Purna Ustrasana: Lie down on the floor on your back. Use a mat. Get your partner to rest her hands on yours (like she’s about to do pushups) and slowly lift her using your hand and legs. Once she is up in the air, concentrate on keeping her balanced. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
5. Naukasana: Sit on the floor facing each other. Now, hold each other’s hand for balance and then bring your feet together as shown. Hold the posture for 30 seconds, relax and repeat.
Inputs received from Men’s Health.